The O’Shea Building was designed and built in 1902 by Tannery owner Thomas O’Shea, who was the city’s largest land owner and taxpayer at that time. It is located at 1 – 15 Main St. in the heart of Peabody and is comprised of 19,000 sq. feet of shops and offices.
The turn-of-the-century Colonial Revival building is known for its mustard brick, limestone trim and impressive marble staircase. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Since 1983, it has been owned and operated by the O’Shea Building Trust. It has undergone extensive renovations and is regularly maintained. All units are affordably priced and private parking is included.